Saturday, October 25, 2008

Clint Eastwood just can't go Hmong...

In case you couldn't tell, that was supposed to be a play on words. I did pulled a funny which would make a lot more sense if any of you knew Bruce Hunt (which I imagine one or two out of my three or four readers do). He would say things like, "Two Hmongs don't make a White", and other horrible puns like that. So, sorry.

Anyway, on to the topic. Thanks to a text I received from a mission buddy last night, I discovered that Clint Eastwood directed and starred in a movie in which the plot centers around his interactions with a Hmong gang in his neighborhood. It looks crazy intense. See for yourself:

1 comment:

Drew said...

Looks intriguing! I'm afraid the story will be less about the actual Hmong but more about Eastwood's curmudgeon of a character and how he overcomes his debilitating grumpiness, but as long as it's the Hmoob who are helping him do it, I'm down. We'll see if it is just another of his usual brooding fare or something a little unique. I also wonder about the Hmong actors, as I understand most of them are amateurs. We shall see!

Oh, and yes, I figured out the bad pun... though it took me a second to be honest... I was like... "Whaddaya mean, he can't go Hmong?"